Review : Skin & Lab Dr. Color Effect Red Serum

by - Monday, April 24, 2017


I purposely bought this serum for my acne marks and hyperpigmentations. I have actually received a sample sachet of this product a while back and fall in love with it so I decided to purchase the full size from Althea.


As the name suggests, the red serum is charged with ingredients that are highly enriched with phyto red such as pomegranate, raspberry, acai berry, blueberry, cloudberry and lycium. These ingredients are said to be very helpful with moisturization, antioxidation, improving skin elasticity, vitality and overall tone. Vitamin C content in the raspberry is responsible for the lightening of the scars and hyperpigmentation.


This serum comes in a red glass bottle with a glass dropper to dispense out the product. I love how clean and simple the packaging is, and the fact that the glass bottle is not completely opaque, so you can still see how much of the product you have used up inside. The only thing is, I don't know how safe it is to travel with this one, but I did a several times and never encountered any leaking or some sort. You do want to be careful of not dropping this serum onto the floor though, lol.

I usually use two to three pumps, twice daily ; morning and night. I believe this serum works for every skin type. I personally have an oily to combination skin, and this serum does not cause any excess oiliness to my skin. I think it even helps to add an extra moisturization to my skin. The consistency is not too runny or too thick, so it is easily absorbed when you pat it in. Because it is packed with vitamin C, applying sunscreen during the day is super important to avoid a reverse effect that you are hoping with this serum lol. If you don't apply sunscreen,  your marks are just gonna get darker.



After about two months of using this serum, I would have to say that I am very pleased with the result. I've noticed that most of my hyperpigmentations have completely faded if not all. I wasn't so impressed after only a few weeks of using it because I wasn't seeing results, but I'll have to say that you really have to give it a chance, be consistent and be patient for it to do its job. Good things take effort and time! My skin seems to be glowing and brightened when I wake up in the morning. Overall complexion seems to even out now, I only have some redness on certain areas of my face, but all the pigmentations that I had before, POOF! Gone. Of course I can't give all the credits to just this serum, because I am using some other products targeting to lighten my marks as well, but this serum is definitely is helping to speed up the process.

Will I repurchase? Maybe. It works great for brightening, but other than that, I am not completely sure whether or not it had helped in improving my skin texture or anything. But overall, a serum that works!

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. assalam....where u buy this n how much? tq for this write up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam! I bought this from Althea.kr website, you can also buy it from Hermo or Lazada. :D

      Delete
  2. Holla.. i have oily skin and deep acne scar. Can you recommend me the best one? Thankyouuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.i have oily skin with deep acne scars. Can you recommend me the best one? Thankyouuu😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Are you looking for serums? For oily skin I would recommend to use any water based products, and for deep scars, the only options that I know are affective is derma rolling and lasers. You can try derma rolling, they are far less expensive than doing lasers.

      Delete