Review : C20 Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum

by - Wednesday, June 15, 2016




If you have heard about Wishtrend, you'd know that this serum is very popular and one of the best skincare product that they have come out with. The C20 vitamin serum is the old version of the C21.5 serum which is the improved formula.



Wishtrend is a korean online beauty company that sells their own beauty products. You can search them on their website or on their Youtube channel to get to know them better. Now back to this product, the main purpose for me to try out this serum is because of my post-acne scars and hyper pigmentation. There are so many other products out there targeting people with scars like Bio Oil, Mederma, Hiruscar, and the list goes on and on. However I opt for vitamin C in hope that it would help to brighten up my complexion as well.


This serum comes with a dropper that I find really interesting to use! The product is contained in this dark glass bottle which is very important for any product that contains vitamin C as they are very sensitive to sunlight and will oxidize in direct with sunlight. It is warned on the packaging to not store the bottle in a way that sunlight can hit it and it is best to keep it in the fridge once you open it to increase the shelf life, which is what I did.


The serum is actually clear once you get it, but mine is already oxidized which I will talk about later on. Other than that, the consistency still remains the same which is slightly thick and sticky. It has a citrus scent to it. I only use one drop at a time and just pat this all over my face at night. I only use this at night because again, it is very sensitive to sunlight and may actually darken your skin instead of lighten it. Therefore, the use of sun protection is super important when you start using vitamin C in your skincare routine. 


Once patted in, it is advised to wait at around 10 minutes before applying a moisturizer on top to ensure the product really absorbs into your skin instead of mixing with your moisturizer and causing it not to work at its full potential.I find it to be quite a hassle. I am someone who goes to sleep straight after my skincare routine, so having to wait 10 minutes before proceeding to the next step of my routine is, mehh. However I am not sure if this applies to all types of serums tho.


So, does this serum work? I would say yes. But it will take more time for old scars. Which is totally fine though, for me as long as it does work, it is worth trying. I saw results after two months of using. The marks on my cheeks are still prominent, but I do realize that the ones on my nose, on top left of my lips and some on my chin are totally gone. Which is awesome! Most importantly it does not break me out or causing me any new acne. On the brightening department, I don't see any brightening effect. And no it does not darken my skin either, it's just different lighting lol.

The only downside is that mine gone bad reaaally fast. This retails for RM99 for 30ml if you buy it from the website, but you can get it for cheaper at Hermo.my, which is RM65. I start to notice that my serum oxidizes into a light yellow color after a month of using it, that's when I decide to store it in the fridge. And after another month it turns into a darker yello like the picture above, and the scent also change so I decide to stop using it. And guess what, I have not even hit half of the bottle! So it's really a waste of so many product. I guess if you really want yours to worth every penny, use it in daytime as well, just make sure to apply a good sunscreen on top.

Will I repurchase? Nope, because I've found another serum that is more affordable and wouldn't go bad as fast. Stay tune for the review!

Pros :

  •  Good quality of packaging
  • Helps to lighten scars and hyper pigmentation
  • A little bit goes a long way
Cons :
  • Easily oxidized
  • Takes time to absorb into skin

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wishtrend definitely introduced me to this and COSRX products. Those actives in COSRX really work well on my skin but I'm still resisting to buy C20/C21.5 bc I'm afraid of possible purging + oxidising issue. Ha, I wonder what's the other one that you'll be reviewing soon?! ;P
    Still, I ingat nak beli C20 before Hermo ends its anniversary sale. T.T

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I actually never knew about COSRX before, sounds good! If you're afraid of the oxidising issue maybe you can try their Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop from, i heard that it works equally the same if not better. But a bit pricey la compared to C20. Yeah their sale will end in two days! Better grab before its too late girl! :D

      The one I'll be reviewing soon is actually a local brand serum, Azanis scar serum. Didn't expect much from it but surprisingly I ended up enjoying it so much. hehe ^^

      Delete