Review : Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening SPF30 PA++

by - Friday, December 25, 2015


Malaysia is no kidding with the unexpected always changing weather. One minute it is schorching hot, and another minute it rains super heavily. But no matter if its a sunny or a cloudy day, I always make sure to put sunscreen on before I get out from the house! This is because my skin can get tan pretty easily, and it usually takes a long time for the tan to go away. Putting on sunscreen is also a necessary for me as I don't want my acne scars to darken overtime.

I ran out of my Sunplay SPF130 sunscreen by Mentholatum which I really love, so I decided to give this one a shot by chance when I saw it at Sasa. I just read the description at the back packaging and finger crosses that it would do a great job because the claims are quite promising. It claims to reduce the melanin pigmentation and helps to lighten dark spots. I was not afraid to try it because Biore sunblocks never disappoint me anyway. I tried a couple of others before and totally have no problem with them. It retails around RM32 if I'm not mistaken, but Sasa is having Sale going on so I got this fo only RM21. Pretty great deal!


Okay from the name ; Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Jelly Water Base Whitening SPF 30 PA++, ( what a mouthful!) the sunblock to me lays more on the watery side instead of a gel. It comes with a screw cap on so you have to pour it out, but be careful when you do this not to pour out too much haha. The sunblock has a citrus scent to it but I really do not enjoy the scent because it's kind of an artificial citrus kind of smell, if you got what I mean. It's like orange mixed with a bunch of chemicals, yikes. Some people love it though that they find it refreshing. 


This is after it is well blended and fully absorbed. It takes a little while to massage this into the skin to make sure it really absorbs in as it is very watery. But once it is fully absorbed, it does not leave any sticky or oily residues, but leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It does not leave a white cast, which is a plus point. I don't know if you can see it or not but it does helps to brighten my skin a little. I think it works well as a make up base. Good thing it does not clog my pores. :)

Longevity wise, it is not the greatest but it's not that bad. I do not enjoy wearing this in a very hot weather where my skin will sweat and I can feel this running down as it is not waterproof. Very uncomfortable. Unlike the Biore Perfect Milk which I tried before. That one keeps my skin feeling cool even being directly under the sun. In a nutshell, this is an okay sunblock for me. It is not bad but there are defnitely better sunscreens out there that I have tried.

Pros :

  • Not oily or sticky
  • Have whitening properties
  • Average SPF and PA value
  • No white cast
  • Does not clog pores
  • Works also as a makeup base
  • Affordable
Cons :
  • Artificial scent
  • Not waterproof
  • Takes long time to absorb
Rate : 3.5/5

Will I repurchase? 
Probably no. I'll recommend you to check out Biore UV Perfect Milk instead.

You May Also Like

0 comments