Review : St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub

by - Wednesday, November 11, 2015





Assalamualaikum and hye! Today I'm gonna talk about my current facial scrub which is the St. Ives Green Tea scrub. To be honest, I have used the St. Ives Green Tea facial wash before, but I ended up not liking it because it breaks me out. However, I was looking for a new facial scrub to try out and bumped into this one and I figured, why not just give it a try? So I picked it up and and finger crossed that it would do a miracle for my skin. I mean it wont hurt to try since it doesn't hurt the pocket. I can't remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure its under RM20.


What I really love about this scrub is that it contains Salicylic Acid, which is just what I've been looking for to fight acne and occasional blemishes. The Salicylic acid is also best used to treat blackheads. And the fact that it only contain 1% of the acid is good because it is not too high or too low. It's also Paraben-free! 


The scrub comes out in a green paste form, and it has bead particles in it which are very, very, abundant, but fine and gentle enough for your skin. At least for me, it is gentler than the regular St. Ives Apricot scrub. I enjoy every seconds of scrubbing my face with it because it literally feels so good! I am someone who loves the feeling of a product scrubbing my face really well, instead of some exfoliator with very mild exfoliating beads. This one gives just the perfect exfoliation without irritating or drying my skin. Not only that, this scrub also have a very good, fresh smell. It leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and clean afterwards. I also noticed that my blackheads and whiteheads have been reduced ever since I started using this scrub twice, sometimes thrice a week. My nose and chin area are almost blackhead-free now. I still do get acne sometime, but I know that this face scrub is doing what it promises, especially for the blackheads.

Pros: 
  • Very affordable for the large tube
  • Smells heavenly
  • Works in reducing blackheads and whiteheads
  • Contains Salicylic Acid for acne treatment
  • Do not contain Parabens.
Cons :
  • I can't think of any bad thing about this scrub.
Rate : 9/10


You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Agree with all the pros you pointed out but I also feel that the beads are quite harsh. I ended up only using it around my nose area.. :D

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww yeah it could be harsh to some people, but for me I really enjoy the feeling of the beads hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haii .Nak tanya serius ke boleh hilang kan blackhead ? Dekat mana ada jual? Memang harga dia rm 20 ke ? sapu dekat bahagian hidung jew atau satu muka ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye! Um nak kata completely hilang tu takla but since i start guna memang dah berkurang sangat blackhead hehe, kena rajin guna lah. Yea and kadang masa sale boleh dapat lagi murah, ada jual dekat watsons and guardian :) I guna untuk satu muka terus sebab nak hilangkan dead skin cells seluruh muka hehe

      Delete
  4. I really love your blog! Banyak tolong i buat pilihan. keep it up ;D

    ReplyDelete