Review : Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Moisture Watery Cream

by - Sunday, November 22, 2015



Assalamualaikum and good afternoon ladies! I have been waiting to write a review on this product ever since I purchased it. But I wanted to make sure I had a good amount of time to test it out. I have been using this cream for nearly 2 months so I think I can justify my opinion about this cream already.

The reason of me wanting to try this moisturizer is because I have been given a sample pack from Nature Republic back then when I bought a face mask from their shop. However, the sample that I was given is actually the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream which is in Green color for people with combination skin. There are three types of moisturizer from this line ; Red for dry skin, blue for oily skin and green for combination skin. And I was SO in love with the green one because it really helped with my breakout. But it was not available at the shop when I wanted to buy the full size so the salesgirl recommended me the red one, she said that the red one is almost the same with the green one. So i bought the red one anyway and crosses my fingers it would work wonderfully like the green one.



I believe the moisturizer do come with a spatula for hygiene purpose, unfortunately mine did not. It was such a disappointment considering that I really don't want to contaminate the product for using my fingers. But I did not bother much and kept using it anyway, without a spatula or q-tip. But I super adore the packaging. It is quite bulky for travelling, but you do get a lot of product for the price you paid. I love how luxurious it looks and feels on the hands. When you opened the lid, you can see a protective plastic covering, just like any other moisturizers I've owned. Good to keep the product from spilling if you put it in the luggage.


The cream is in pink color which is really rare and cute! And it smells really fresh too. Some people do not like how it smells but it smells just fine to me. I don't think they overdid it in the scent department, even though it is really unnecessary. This retails at RM60++ but I got mine for RM45 after 30% discount and an additional 5% membership discount. So it was quite a great deal considering that you're getting 80ml of the product. That's a lot and is taking me forever to finish.


The consistency of the cream is just as what they claimed to be. Watery cream. This feels like a gel cream that turns into watery-like consistency once contacting with the skin hence a little bit of it goes a long way. I only need a pea size amount for my whole face. This leaves my skin feeling so smooth and supple afterwards.It also helps very much in controlling the oil on my face throughout the day.

Unfortunately after testing it out for almost two months I have to say that this cream is like a fertilizer for pimple on my skin. I kept getting breakouts from it but I did not want to accept the fact that this moisturizer was the one that keeps giving me new pimple so I switched to a new cleanser and kept using this as moisturizer but my face did not clearing up. So I stopped using it for merely two weeks and I realised that my skin was finally clearing up. For some reason I wanted to give this moisturizer another chance for a couple weeks, so that I won't be wasting my money, but again, I got new breakouts. So now I totally stopped using it and it just sits there on my vanity as a decoration haha!

I still do want to buy the green one after this because how positive it worked on my skin from the sample that I got. Probably the pink one was just not made for my skin type. Just because one product from the line did not work for you doesn't mean the others are bad as well. I'll make sure to keep you guys updated once I got my hands on the green one! Stay tuned and have a good day! xxx

Pros :

  • A lot of product
  • Controls oil
  • Moisturizes well
  • Makes skin really smooth
Cons : 
  • Can be expensive without discount
  • Breaks me out
  • No spatula to scoop out the product (for mine, maybe the spatula is available at other stores)
  • Contains fragrance
Rate : 2.5/5

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. this actually reminds me of my current moisturiser from loccitane, but eh.. I like gel moisturiser, would like to give this a try! :D

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Because they feel lighter on the skin compared to regular moisturizers. Hope it will work for you!

      Delete